hawwy

vag com engine faults

right

i got these faults on my corrado VR

intake manifold temp sensor-- is this the air filter sensor? if yes i got pipercross filter but i gto the sensor connected that why i got the error?

and i got 00537- oxygen sensor or something , whats that meant to be?

i got engine speed sensor error

Oxygen sensor i believe is the Lambda sensor. Again i believe the inlet temp sensor is next to the fuel pressure regulator. Front right of the manifold as you look at the engine.

Was the engine speed sensor will show if you scan when the engine isnt running.

are these sensors important to be replace?

also what does the inlet manifold temp sensor do and is it important? and where can i buy it? cheers

Edited by hawwy

If the Lambda sensor is faulty it can cause fuelling issues. The inlet sensor - not 100% sure what it does. I THINK it measures the temp of the air before it goes into the cylinders (hence the name i guess), may want to have a search on that. But i would get them replaced if faulty.

my car jerks when putting foot down. Ive been told its a misfire. Spark plug.coilpack or ht leads. In a different thread. It only started hapening two days ago. Is it because of a sensor then? Or that a difrent fault altogether.

also its intake manifold temp sensor

Edited by hawwy

Yeah i remember reading that thread. Is the misfire always there or only when on the throttle - it could be due to overfuelling caused by the lambda. Get the sensors changed then see if the misfire disappears.

Yeah i remember reading that thread. Is the misfire always there or only when on the throttle - it could be due to overfuelling caused by the lambda. Get the sensors changed then see if the misfire disappears.

Agreed, similar problem on my g60 caused by faulty lambda

where does lambda sensor go? i got a mk3 golf vr for breaking that ones seems okay on vag com il take that out..

cheers

what if i got stainless steel exhaust system then where doe lambda go>?

Did you just replace from the cat back? If you did you'll still have a cat. If you've got a de-cat on, then there should still be somewhere to screw the lambda in.