stu37

VR6 oil filter housing tool??

Hi guys does anyone know of the correct size tool or availability for removing the oil filters plastic housing? I have a few tools for removing filters but non touch it! I assume the o seal has completely dried up making it seem impossible to remove.

Any tips much welcomed guys.

Did this job not too long ago, found i couldn't get a grip big enough to fit round it, so all i did was gripped it with me hand to stop the plastic from twisting and using a socket or spanner can't remember, just tightened it slightly then un tightened repeating this until it came loose took ages and a bit of a beach but got there in the end.

From what i recall a lot of wd40 also, hope this helps and ime sure there is an easier method but i will be all ears if you find it.

Hi mate, Just did this the other day, Use an Allen key to remove the drain plug in the bottom, then a 36mm socket to remove the bottom plastic housing, shouldn't be too tight, but if it is watch out, heard a few stories about them cracking if you try to hard.

Hope this helps

Rich

Hi guys and thank for the messages, il have to get out and see what some teasing can do :o)

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Hello mate thanks for the comments iv just sent you a message about your wheels :o)

And if the filter housing is stiff to turn, put the drain plug back in after draining it before you apply force. Helps keep its strength.