Sign in to follow this  
Sypher50

g60 supercharger into a vr6

was wondering how easy it is to swap a g60 supercharger into a vr6...does it take a lot of modifictations or pretty simple?

Do you mean change the whole engine, or bolt a g-lader onto a vr6 engine?

If its the latter..... would be quite cool if possible.

Swap the starter & alternator for a combo unit, and slot the g-lader in.... ;)

C'mon Darren / G-Werks - sort it out! Hehe.

You've got my VR6 - I'll let you experiment....

well the room issue im not sure...i dont have a g ladder but was just thinking about maybe getting one on ebay for cheap and didnt know if someone had already done a swap before...

Ive seen this come up somewhere before, apparently the g-lader doesnt flow enough for the 2.9litre engine. You would have to fit 2 of them and then you would have double the losses from the chargers making it very expensive for not a lot of gain.

no but an eaton m90 or m112 supercharger would flow enough, and there much more reliable units than say vortex and quite compact units, i see these go on ebay, emmmm... :roll:

g60bv, The 'Vortech' units have the longest service intivals of any chargers and to date i've not heard of any going bang like the G-Lader ones like to do plus they can easily produce 23-40psi, read the literature thats available on the Vortech site or on numerous drag racing sites in America.

My Vortech charger looks sexier & shinier than any black cast Eaton screw charger.

Though I am biased :-D

Chris

any body have an good URL's about the Vortech charger ? would love to learn more about it

Thnx

Ok then what can you do to make the vr6 quicker coz a friend already has the exhast and induction kit but he wants more as does any vr6 driver i suppose :D