YoungTg60

Im new and need help :(

hey guys i have owned a mk2 golf gti for the past 3 years. I finally sold it and bought my 91 corrado g60 that im in love with. But there is a problem and i need help :(

1) The car lacks in power ( the supercharger is mint )

2) ALL VAC LINES, CAP, ROTOR, PLUGS AND WIRES ARE NEW ALL OEM ( CHANGED FROM RED NEUSPEED WIRES )

3) Has Kent Adjustable Cam Gear ( DONT KNO IF ITS CAMMED ) AND DONT KNO HOW TO USE THE CAM GEAR

4) My mechanic retimed the car, the car was advanced dizzy and cam gear 5 degrees.

5) the cat has a golf ball size hole in the cat in the core thats near the back, havent checked the front.

6) can the intake manifold cause a problem with no power? inside the car i can smell oil and gas.

My question is what could be the problem. I have also noticed that the co pot has already been drilled out and played with. I have no idea how to do it with a ohm reader, if someone car point me in the right direction it would greatly appreciate it. How can you tell if the computer has a chip? ive been researching and can't find any result. The guy i bought the car off of doesn't know much about car's so he is kinda useless to ask anything. Sorry for the huge post im ripping my hair out!

located in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Will you be near suffield,alberta around april next year? ill be be to have a look at it then when im training over there for three months! :lol:

Low in power is a very vague description.is it misfiring?,stalling?,smell of fuel in the exhaust?,low power at high or low RPM? does it stutter?any smoke from exhaust?check the following

1)basic stuff,filters,oil level,oil condition,belts arent slipping,the ecu hose is exactly one meter long with solid rubber ends(not soft and fraied),bue temp sender

1)Have you checked all the boost hoses?Boost leaks?Does it still have factory silencer box(black one,right hand side of g-lader)they leak lots of boost.

2)Grab a tester,switch it to ohms,disconnect co pot and measure outside pins.500 ohms in factory setting,300 is very rich,700 very lean.turn plug,you want about 450 to 550.

your really supposed to use CO tester and set it correctly however ive done it this method and achived 0.01% CO on idle!

3)You have to open the ecu and check chip itself,it should have a 9 or 10 digit number on a cream coloured strip on top.Is it changed for differnet setup?what fuel grade does it need?you need premium anyway.9 out of 10 g60s will have a aftermarket chip in them.

4)if he has retimed the timing what is it set to?has he set it to 8 degree before TDC using timing gun? different cams have different settings.generally a lumpy idle means a high lift cam that makes power high up the rpm band.low end wont have much go.

If you can smell gas in the engine bay,stop running your car and find the leak which is most likely to be the fuel hose bent into shape of U at right side of the fuel rail.they crack and leak fuel over time.could even be the reason for low power as you maybe not getting enough fuel pressure

Happy hunting