8vMatt

Bracket to hold the rear subframe to the car please.

Hi guys,

I've found out that my brake compensator (I think thats what its called) is knackered, I reckon I'm going to have to buy a new one of these as I don't want to risk an old one. The thing is though, the bracket that holds this in place has a broken weld and has been welded in the past at some point. I wanted to have a good original condition bracket please. Its on the passenger side by the way. This bracket is the one that also holds the back of the rear subframe to the car.

Anything around? Many thanks.

i might have one you can have, i'll check tomorrow.

the compensator bolts seize inside the unit, so people often hack the bracket off and reweld, maybe happened on yours.

you can get new units of fleabay btw, they're an ate item, way cheaper than dealers.

You sir are a diamond!

That does like whats happenned to mine, the two steel bits inside the unit look to be well rusted into the alu. I'll have a look for the unit. Fingers crossed hey!

sorry matt, for some reason i have two offside brackets :scratch:

Many thanks for looking.

My friendly TPS came up trumps, the bracket is available and about £6! So bought this and all the bolts, sleeves and spring in this area ready for the new compensator when it comes.

Well guys, I'm still in need of this bracket type thing to hold the brake compensator/ regulator in position. I went to TPS a couple of times and got given the wrong bit that isn't fitted to my car.

Can someone at least photograph what the bracket should look like and if possible have a good condition one for me please?

Help!