Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Quick Shock question

On my G60 I have a Weitec Coilover Suspension. It's been on there nearly 20k now so the shocks will need replacing soonish as the car is pretty low - fronts more so than the back. My questions is, can I buy (e.g. Koni) high adjustable coilover shocks that will be a direct replacement? Or is it whole new suspension time?? :roll: It would be handy to be able to replace the fronts then do the backs a few months down the line so I'm not skint for ages.

Or... can you have your oil shocks re gas'ed? If so where?

Thanks

Dan

Hey Dan, are the coilovers making knocking noises? are they making any other noises? what makes you think even running em LOW you'd have to replace em?

not making any noises mate. When I had the car serviced, the guy said one of the shocks was weeping slightly. The problem will only get worse & not any better. They still has a good lot of life in them. Was just planning ahead really.

Ok mate, I'd look into replacing the lot maybe, but I'd also wait for them to go worse, I'm sure you'll get another 5/10k out of em :wink:

Depends on the difference in cash I suppose. I don't just fancy whipping out £700 on a new suspension if I don't have too

MOT's due start of May, if it's picked up on there then It will be just the front shocks that get done if it's possible. She's cost me nearly 1k last month in up keep. I still need to stick 2 more boots on the back for the MOT. I want to get to the stage where I'm enjoying modding the car, not forever skint cos I have to keep spending on expensive problems or up keep.

One good thing I suppose, when the day comes to sell it, she'll be worth every penny that I put her up for.

All good fun mate, you no you love it! I no what you mean about spending on stuff you don't want to spend on!!

Talking of MOT, myns booked in next wk!!! :roll:

best of luck mate, hope it all goes ok.

I do love my car when it's going well, but all this constant waxing my cash on maintenance make me wonder whether or not to call it a day with the modded car thing for a bit. The cars got till July when my insurance is due to start behaving. That will be D Day. After that I might get a mk2 golf for a bit so I can save for something a bit special. Just idea's.........

Anyway, back to the topic :wink:

Cheers Matey... :)

I enjoy driving the rado alot more than the FORDS!! mate we all get irritated with cars when they start eating into the wallet, but hey thats part of the modding game, you no you love it!! MK2's are cool cars, did look on the trader for MK2 VR's or a MK3 VR.. cool ideas though matey.. I wish you luck.. :wink:

Back to the topic.. :wink: :)

Hi Stu,

Who are C&R? do you have any contact details? web site? phone number etc??

Cheers

Dan