dannyboy

Slight stutter and running problems on G60..solved

Hi guys,

just one for G60 boys(but should be similar for everyone) just for information

Had a problem with my G60 being a bit tempermental at times,stuttering very slighty when cold and spluttering a bit when flooring it and generally bit lumpy now and again.Been looking at all possibilties- HT leads,dizzy cap,ECU relay,vacunm hoses,fuel pipes,Timing, dizzy timing.Nothing

decided to take the fuel pump out today to have a look.

and look what i found!

There was one strand of wire on the fuel pump postive left as all others had broke.just goes to show that just because the pump is running doesnt mean its running right.

also gave the fuel sensor contacts a clean as the carbon from the brushes was giving a crap reading.

Repaired the wire,ohms test to confirm and placed it back in.

Now i can feel the digi-lag kick again after a few seconds and runs much better.

Might worth having a look guys if your performance has dropped and not running as good as she was!

Hmmmmm. I may just pull the pump on the 60. I have sim problems..

Always good pulling a pump.. Now which way do I twist it to lock it back in to the tank......!

just make sure you remember which way the pump sits in the tank when you put it back in or the float can touch the sides causing a false reading and leading to running out of fuel,

Twice in one week!! how embarrasing!!!