Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

Wrong badges.....

Can anyone help me with this very simple job!!! My car has the wrong VR6 badge on the back! It is too big (looks the same size as the standard front one) and is also placed directly in the middle of the 'Corrado' badge. i.e. centrally below it.

Have bought the correct badge, but am scared to take this other badge off in case i damage the paintwork! How 'stuck' on is it? How would you suggest getting it off?

I know this is a bit of a lame question, but i'd be heartbroken if i messed it up in any way! :cry:

It should be just stuck on. Apply heat with perhaps a hair dryer and then slip a thin string or fishing line etc behind kkeeping the tension on the badge side, it will gradually just pull away . Clean up the sticky adhesive redidue with tar and glue remover and perhaps a little more heat.

But... if it is a front one then whoever put it on would have used something to stick it - just depends what that something is!

Even dental floss can pull a badge off as long as they didnt superglue it on like some eejit did on my old 3i!

Nightmare to get off.

Even dental floss can pull a badge off as long as they didnt superglue it on like some eejit did on my old 3i!

Nightmare to get off.

If it appears to be superglued, go to the local "beauty" shop and buy some Acetone based nail-varnish remover... just happens to be the same solvent as for superglue.... 8)

Don't ask how I know that... it wasn't pretty and also wasn't clever....

And it wasn't anything to do with me! :lol: