2_Door_fun

Fitting front roll bar bushes

Hello all.

This is dumb question...I know.

Removed roll bar yesterday threw the old bushes away! Can't remember which way round they go...

Is the split in the new rubbers to the base or to the rear?

I presume to the base as there is a groove in the rubber to slip the hook for the coller in to?

Cheers

Rob

Edited by 2_Door_fun

the split goes towards the subframe with the curved top facing up.

It should be obvious when you have it attached and the clip that goes over the ARB bush is in place, it follows the curve of the rubber.

I agree it should be obvious but not so...

It can fit either way but it was just one of those moments when under the car and you think ah!

I shall proceed as I am with the split facing towards the front of the car and the groove will then I believe let the hook on the collar slide in.

Ta for the reply

Edited by 2_Door_fun

when you see the little "divet" in the rubber, the metal clip fits into that when you clip it on the the subframe (one end clips and the other has a bolt hole). That'll show you, if i was at home I'd take a picture to show you

Yep that is the way I am doing it.

Ta muchly. Its a task and I don't want to do it again!

Pulling the head off is easier!!!

Rob

Yep that is the way I am doing it.

Ta muchly. Its a task and I don't want to do it again!

Pulling the head off is easier!!!

Rob

I did the same job last week mate... so much easier with the subframe off! My mate did his in-situ though so it can be done although the contraption he constructed would have made Dr Robotnics jealous!

He has a breaker bar/crow bar popped into the subframe where the ARB goes through and then he used a trolley jack to jack up the bar to lever the subframe away from the car! madness! :lol:

I did the same job last week mate... so much easier with the subframe off! My mate did his in-situ though so it can be done although the contraption he constructed would have made Dr Robotnics jealous!

He has a breaker bar/crow bar popped into the subframe where the ARB goes through and then he used a trolley jack to jack up the bar to lever the subframe away from the car! madness! :lol:

Errrr yes that would be the way i AM DOING IT.....What I sould have done 3hrs back was dropped the sub frame! Now with my new third arm I am wining!

Cheers for the help

Horrible nightmare job, did mine a couple of weeks ago, Lots of swearing and drop the subframe as low as it will go to push the little blighters in then i used some clamps to hold the clamp down to start the bolts

Horrible nightmare job, did mine a couple of weeks ago, Lots of swearing and drop the subframe as low as it will go to push the little blighters in then i used some clamps to hold the clamp down to start the bolts

Unbeliavable job. Indeed much swearing. What a day. I am in pain.. Dam it was he hardest thing I have ever done on the C. I have pulled engines n transmissions and fitted clutches loads of stuff but this!!

A couple of quid for rubber and all day in the S~@&.. Nightmare. Didn't use a clamp just used a 2nd jack and pressed the subframe in to place then spun the bolt in. Getting the rubbers in place was awful. I wished I had dropped the sub frame and made a cup o T and just done it that way.

I did a friends C class merc the other week.. 30 minutes job done!!

Roll bar goes round the front of the engine.. Well easy.

Still I spotted that the rear brake compensator was rusted and in a bad way.. That is a def MOT failure so thats now freed up.

Cheers for the replys. Not used the forum for an age good to be on it again.

Rob