Peter Harper

Spoiler Problems

I know this has been covered many times

Having got the corrado... partly for the perk of having the spoiler working and then finding out it doesn't, I pulled my finger out and sorted it today

I put my electrical tester to the 7 socket for ground, then tested the yellow wire and the blue/white wire to make sure it was live, everything was coming through on that fine, so I tested the switch, left the ground on and put the tested to the switch, when I pressed the switch I got a live reading so I knew it wasn't that

So I knew it was the control module at fault, so with nothing to loose I took it apart and re soldered all the points, and applied new solder where it seemed low as I know dry soldered boards are notorious for breaking... it finally lives

I must have pressed the spoiler switch 20 something times the day I got my Corrado in disappointment, felt pretty great seeing it finally lift up, not too sure it's working on the speed sensor at the moment but there was a live on the blue/white wire, I would advise anyone who has similar spoiler problems to do the same if they're any good wit PCB boards... if it is already broke, what do you have to loose :D

Edited by Peter Harper

Nice one, you might find that blue wire connected to the radio, remove this and insulate

Is this what causes it to not work when hitting a certain speed then? I will check it out later when I go back out to it

howcome the speed sensor wire goes to the stereo? my old mans got a MK4 Golf that turns the stereo volume up when you start to speed up to counter engine sound, it's not for that is it?

cheers

Edited by Peter Harper