quicky1980

Will Mk3 golf goodrich hoses fit

Bit of an urgent question.

But I bought a set of mk3 golf goodrich hoses a while back. These fitted fine on the 312mm front callipers, but will they fit on the rears, both on the swing arm and to the callipers?

I thought the rear end of the corrado is the same, can someone confirm as my mechanic has said they dont...or is he pulling my leg?

mine is 16v rear so I'll take it that it's a no in my case which backs up what the mechanic tells me. I didnt realise that the 16v and vr hoses differed, lesson learnt.

thanks all

^ Ah yeah I remember...

Graham - do you know what the difference is though because I think the hose length and pitch of the fittings is the same, just the outer diametre I think?

Maybe something to do with the different comp valve used on the VR?

Yeah the outside diameter of the VR hose fittings are IIRC 14mm and the 16vs are 12mm or something like that, its been a while since I measured them!

Im not sure of why they would be different other than the change from MK2 - MK3/Passat braking system

right, managed to get to the garage. The threads size are identical its just the outside diameter so wont fit onto the brackets correctly. So James at Sub11 made some bespoke braided hoses for me.

thanks again guys, I'll try and figure out how to lock this thread down.