Rob_B

Glass fibre bonnet

Has anyone got a complete glass fibre bonnet from performance trim? If so what's the fit and finish like? Thinking about a glass fibre job just unsure how good they are

i had their carbon/fibre glass version and it was very good quality. the bonnet smoothness was not perfect but good enough.

Well as much as I would love a carbon one, it's far too expensive for me to buy and I need a new bonnet so I might give the glass fibre bonnet a go. Have heard mixed reviews though about their stuff though.

Took the plunge and ordered a carbon bonnet, let's hope it's good!

I have a carbon and fibreglass one and the finish is pretty good to be fair. The biggest issue you'll have is what to do with the washer nozzles. I got some mk4 golf ones and fitted them on the underside of the trailing edge. Much better than cutting into the top of you nice new bonnet, although I am glad Performance Trim did it for me while I was down there - wouldn't have fancied cutting those holes myself, lol.

I'm getting the same bonnet but they are cutting washer jet holes for me. That should hopefully be easier for me. Can't be doing with changing the washers for something else

lol, when I spoke to Perf Trim the person I spoke to said they have never cut the holes for the washers and didnt think they could do it. I must have spoke to a muppet.

Im sure you love it, I did. But just didnt want to hide it under paint and wanted to keep the car fairly OEM looking

I won't be painting mine and the car is dark so it shouldn't stick out too much. When I spoke to Zoe (the very pleasant lady on reception) she asked the workshop manager if they could cut the holes for the washer jets and he said no problem. Let's see what they come up with!