ryanmac

converting to 4wd.....

Hi All,

Just out of interest how do you go about converting the C to 4wd? I take it you use the rallye rear subframe, driveshafts, and hubs along with the rallye or syncro gearbox and diff?

Does the tunnel need widening and the boot floor flattened?

I did type it in to google and this forum came up with a definitive guide but the link was broken.

cheers

Ryan

The best would be having the tunnel and the trunk floor of the rallye welded in the corrado...

Its alot of work.... Search on the vortex I think its there aswell

I think the Corrado tunnel is fine for 4wd. Boot floor needs cutting out though

loads of threads on this, give the search a go. but basic conversion involves syncro or rallye fuel tank, boot floow and hardware. the tunnel is fine on the rado for the prop shaft.

read a nice feature with a guy fitting audi tt metal work into a golf mk11, so this is another option for the rado...

would be the simplest method, but not the easiest as the mk2 syncro's are hard to get a hold of and are fetching quite a bit of money.

Syncro gear for sale on here. After wtinessing the haldexed R32 turbo Corrado lanch at Gti it would be nice to have.

cheers for the replies guys.

It's not something I will be doing in the near future but it was just out of interest really as I noticed in the for sale the rear setup for the conversion. Syncros are expensive nowadays. I went and looked at one that had no tax or mot and was proper rough and the guy still wanted £1200 for it!!! I would love to do it though at somepoint because I think with the 32 engine and 65 charger it would be awesome on the track....

If I wanted to convert my corrado to 4 wheel drive would the audi s3 quattro setup work? rear axle, haldex unit, drive shafts, prop shafts....

Ryan

Edited by ryanmac

Right so my day dreaming is over and I have for sale the rear subframe, driveshafts and haldex unit for sale that was removed from an audi s3 quattro with only 30000miles on the clock.

S3 set up want be any use unless you like a serious chassis modification

Ive got all the syncro stuff available if youre still interested, all stripped off the shell and have all new bracketry and bushes to re fit and have the passat syncro vr6 towing edition rear arb (new)