eurospec

Spoiler problems...

Right, having issues with the spoiler going up and down.

It goes up and down on the button, but not automatically. I've changed the relay for a known working one, but to no avail. It sometimes goes up at around 60-70 on the motorway, then goes up and down again in quick sucession, it basically has a mind of it's own at higher speeds.

I was thinking maybe it was the speedo cable, as the needle on the clocks is jumpy from 0-20/30mph, goes up and down like the speedo drive is buggered or something? Do they have an electronic speedo, or is it cable driven?

Anyone have any suggestions?

The car is 1989 with a 16v KR engine in.

Cheers,

Tom

Could be the output speed pulses from the Hall Sender unit on the speedo cable at the back of the instruments are not working correctly. Reason I don't suspect the controller is the "mind of it's own" suggests its getting the speed pulse signal intermittantly.

The speedo won't show as that is a cable drive input.

So can I replace the Hall sender? Any other ways of telling if it's fudged? I thought the car would run like a bag of turd with the hall sender not working properly?

Also, will it be the clocks that could be potentially broken, or just the cable?

It is a separate little unit on the back of the clocks. Fudged :shrug: Exchange is the only way.