hawwy

oil leak?

well

700 miles ago my oil i topped it up to the top, and now after 700 miles its minmum?

i cant see a leak besides the one at the back near the exhaust manifold ( just above it )on the engine?

also it did leak a bit from oil cooler and i tightened it so i think thats fixed.

i was told its smoking from exhaust BUT, i got my mate to drive it and didnt see it smoking?, and its running rich as my coilpack is messed up atm and my oil smells a bit of fuel

its a vr6

help please

cheers

THe manual does say the VR uses X amount of oil in X amount of miles. So SOME consumption is normal. I think its a litre per 1000 miles (dont quote me on that).

The leak above the manifold i assume is teh PCV top right of the block and has a pipe going into the inlet pipe. This can leak, best stop it leaking onto the manifold heat shield.

If you take car for a run, check on over run (off throttle whilst going down hill ideally) see if there's a puff of blue smoke from the exhaust - though may not see it from inside car. This would be valve stem seals or if the spark plugs are getting oiled up it could well be piston rings. Take the plugs out and take a look at them, esp 1 and 6, they can tell you alot about the condition of the engine. I dont think fuel in the oil is a good thing.