Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

So, who runs a 20vT in their C

you have a point about the crank sensor, but i recon thats ok now... I will check the wiring again at the weekend, the coil packs might have gone but I doubt all 4 have gone, what do you rekon?

i dout all 4 have gone mate 8) but if theres no spark at all it can only be the coils ignition modual or the crank sensor,but as you say your getting a steady 120rpm on cranking it must be one of the others :mad:

stupid question but have you remembered to attach the earth strap on your ecu?

I made that mistake and spent a whole evening bubbling in the corner thinking I had just blown up 80 quids worth of kit....

I recently bought a project 1.8 16v & after spending 4 times as much as she cost me,was thinking of looking for a vr6 or g60 to go all out on, This might sound a silly question but before the 20v conversion what cars did you start with, is it even possible to convert a 1.8 16v & if so what,s it cost & who does it. Thanx

IMHO, the 1.8 16V Corrado is as good a base car for a project as any other model... The only other thing you'll probably have to do is to upgrade the brakes... but then, if I were doing an engine swap to something much more powerful, I'd do an upgrade anyway, hence the Brembos and MKIV rears on my G60! :wink: 8)

The only other things that go slightly (and I do mean VERY slightly IMO) against using a 1.8 16V are that they are the oldest of the Corrados, nearly all of them don't have ABS and most of them are getting some seriously high milages on them and as such the interiors can get a little tatty... :?

On the plus side, they're the cheapest to buy, the body is identical to the early G60s (and not much different from ALL of the other Corrados!) and there's plenty of 'em about that have tired engines, but good bodywork and plenty of history to prove that they are mechanically sound other than the engine with no dodgy crash history... 8)

If I were going to set out to do a project with an engine swap, I'd almost certainly base it on a 1.8 16V.... 8)

As for cost, depends on what you want to do to it... ;)

As for who does it, there's quite a few out there, some of them are listed HERE... 8)

Thanx Henny those links were a great help. i'm now deciding what conversion would be best, the G60 or the 20vTurbo.

20v turbo, Could you post some pics of your front bumper? I would like to see how you did the grille on the front bumper. Thanks. And to you and 20vee_t, was that placement for the IC good? does get enough cold air in the spot?

took a bit of doing to get it so smooth,i also cut two big slots in the steel bumper bar behind the plastic outer,the intercooler sits directly behind the vent :)

20vee_t[/b], was that placement for the IC good? does get enough cold air in the spot?

Its not bad but not brilliant and i will be changing it before i take it round the nurburgring in august even if it means cutting out a huge chunk of the bumper :oops: