owen g60

G60 running issues

i didnt check it when it was hot.... not sure what state it is in now as havent spoken to the mechanic today

Can someone please list all the earth points that are in the engine bay...

I am getting the car back tonight... it has been running for 2 days, and has started cutting out again... strikes me as an earthing issue as it is fine when the battery is fully charged

been down and checked it myself... no signal from ecu to hall sender... wire is good reads 0.2 ohms end to end.

going to look at ecu for dry joints internally

check the joints,as the manual states the ecu needs to be replaced if your not getting a signal

feared as much.... i have part number: 037 906 022 EG in mine are any others compatable

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

i have found an ecu for it on ebay... i have an immobilizer unit on the dash... are these paired with the ecu??

feared as much.... i have part number: 037 906 022 EG in mine are any others compatable

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

i have found an ecu for it on ebay... i have an immobilizer unit on the dash... are these paired with the ecu??

Is your ecu a 25 pin or 38 pin one? i dont think the ecu handles immobilizers on g60's,think thats more of an aftermarket thing.VRs have them,not sure about early VR's though

Apperently theres little or no difference between ecus,mostly software difference.Just stay away from rallye ecus.theyre designed to run different injectors

dont suppose you know which pin(s) the earth comes out of the ecu on.

is yours a 25 pin ecu? or 38 pin?

pin 19 if its 25 pin ecu and pin 29 if its a 38 pin one

it was pins 19 and 13 have 25 pin ecu... managed to eventually find the pin outs online.

have managed to source an ecu part number: 037 906 022 DP..... mine is 037 906 022 EG currently.... i recall seeing somewhere that my one superceeded the one i am buying can any one confirm this... they both have the same bosch part number: 0 261 200 346.

the replacement has come off a H reg G60... mine is J reg... shouldnt make too much difference should it??

The supercetion was down to software,i believe hardware stayed the same.But not 100% sure.

Some of the differences were aircon,non-aircon,automatic gearboxes,California emissions(i had this ecu in my old US model).Just be aware putting older type ecu might put emissions higher(June 92 onwards was allowed 0.3% CO while earlier was 3.5% CO) but i cant verify this.

im going to give it a shot.... will cross the emissions front when it comes to MOT in may.... or get a friend to do it for me :wink:

does the bentley mention anything about pinouts being different from 1991 and 1992 models with a PG engine

so long as the ecu is a 25 pin type the pinouts will remain the same.all they do is use more of the pins for extra functions if your g60 supports it.With the exception of a rallye ecu.

right,apart from wiring try one last thing. Remove the dizzy from the engine and remove the leads and dizzy cap so youve just got dizzy with rotor arm.plug the hall sender in and attach a spark plug to the king lead end making sure its earthed to the engine(not you or youll get shocked)

Turn the ignition on but dont turn the engine over.move the rotor arm on the dizzy by hand.the spark plug should spark.if it doesnt its the hall sender or wiring. if it sparks start looking at a mechanical failure of some type,maybe dizzy drive or intermidate shaft.

after some poking around with the wiring... i found a broken connection to my cliford immobiliser... the lock unlock function worked but the second feed to it didnt causing it to dissable the ignition circuit on the ecu... :scratch:

think im going to get a new one and sort the wiring under the dash as its a mess... the clifford is like a virus and is tied into everything :bonk: