Dazza Storm

Was your car 1st Registered @ Ian Skelly LTD (Mill Lane Liverpool) - Dealer # 842 ???

In my quest to try and go back to complete OEM (£££'s permitting lol) of how the car first rolled out the original dealers ( Ian Skelly LTD 66/72 Mill Lane Liverpool Mersyside L13 4DS) was your car first registered here?? I am trying to obtain the original dealer registration plates and any window stickers that were fitted when new! I know I am no longer able to obtain these but if anyone out there still has theres intact I maybe able to get them made up??

Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Oh and I forgot to say the dealer is no longer there!!

WOW... That really is OEM! Good luck mate! I hope it's possible!!

Your other alternative is to try and find the previous owners? they may have a picture of the car when it was new?

Post the reg number in here and see what you get

OEM is manufacture, original spec and or options. Number plates are purely for registration requirement and are dealer fit. A name of a supplying dealer on a number plate isn't that important although some have a certain appeal, that said you can buy new plates with a custom graphic to say pretty much whatever you like.

I know where you're coming from on this one. Mine came from Scotts of Sloane square, with dealer fit number plate surrounds. They've faded badly over the years but am due to get some replacements made when needed. Another fortunate thing is that the original dealer sticker is also in the boot.

I trawled google images and the web for days, trying to get some pictures of original reg plates with dealer info on them.

Might be worth popping onto the golf forums ( early 90's, mk2/3 etc ). I'm sure if there's a group of fanatically obsessed VW enthusiasts that covet such items, then you're going to find them there.

Best of luck with the search and make sure you let us know how you get on.

Hi Dazza

I have done quite a few Ian Skelly dealer sets. They seemed a very popular dealership.

The one below is the correct original design.

TheIanSkellyCentreFullDealerSet2.jpg

The one below has a twin blue tram line on the plates to match the rear window sticker.

TheIanSkellyCentreFullDealerSet12.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Passion Restoration Products

Edited by Chris @ PRP

I know where you're coming from on this one. Mine came from Scotts of Sloane square, with dealer fit number plate surrounds. They've faded badly over the years but am due to get some replacements made when needed. Another fortunate thing is that the original dealer sticker is also in the boot.

I trawled google images and the web for days, trying to get some pictures of original reg plates with dealer info on them.

Might be worth popping onto the golf forums ( early 90's, mk2/3 etc ). I'm sure if there's a group of fanatically obsessed VW enthusiasts that covet such items, then you're going to find them there.

Best of luck with the search and make sure you let us know how you get on.

Hi James

Ive done quite a few sets for Scotts of Sloane Square also and I only came across the original rear window sticker a few weeks ago after searching for months.

Please original Scotts design below:

ScottsofSloaneSquare.jpg

And there rear window sticker:

ScottsofSloaneSquaredecal.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Passion Restoration Products

Edited by Chris @ PRP

Thanks Chris.

I've seen that version on an early 80's MK1 cab at Tatton park 2011, but couldn't confirm if it was still current in the early 90's. I believe the area code would have been 071 though. I'll be sure to be in touch when the car's ready for the road, mid 2012.

James

Edited by James.