OSV

New original style period maindealer registration plates, tax disc holders & stickers

After doing a little research I have now identified a supplier Passion Restoration Products who can produce and supply quality period correct registration number plates, rear window stickers and tax disc holders.

FCPurser-FullSet2.jpg

PRPFlyer006.jpg

Many supplying main dealers are no longer trading or have changed name and those who have remained will undoubtedly have changed the design of these items.

The idea is to provide period correct items but as fresh as the day they were fitted.

I think these can add a nice finishing touch to a car. I'm keen to go ahead myself but thought i'd throw it out there for others to benefit from this service.

Any interested parties just add your name and ideally the full details of the supplying dealer from your service history which should show the full dealer address which will feature on the tax disc holder. Also post any pics you have of surviving period dealer logos etc to create a library of dealers.

I understand prices are currently in the region of

£30 for registration plates

£8 for tax disc holder

£12 for dealer sticker for rear screen

Please contact Chris at Passion Restoration Products to discuss your requirements

Edited by OSV

I'd be interested, my original dealer was John Fox, Nottingham. I think they are now only selling Audi's..

I've got the original tax disc holder, but it's falling apart, so would like a replacement :)

The original address:

John Fox Ltd.

Vernon Road

Basford

Nottingham

Nottinghamshire

NG6 0AA

I would certainly be interested; have been pondering how to do this myself as my G60 has the original rear dealer plate but it is looking very tired. Dealer was:

Dovercourt St John's Wood,

32-34 St Johns Wood Road,

London NW8 7HE.

Don't think they are in existence any longer.

Kinda keen on the thought of some of this but would like to see some examples of the work first :)

i had a set of dovercourt original plates somewhere that came off my polo.. i don't remember ever chucking them, however i've not seen them in years.. hmm.. will have a think.

i think we may have some floating about somewhere, previous dealers in Blackburn & Accrington if it helps anyone. i'd rather not name but will ask when i'm next in touch.

Have seen examples and they are superb, you would be provided proofs for approval before commiting

One question is - how would you work out who your original supplying dealer was if you don't have that paperwork? Would VW tell you if you rang them up?

Correct first stamp in history also it will be on dealer records if you ask they keep data on servicing.

I would be interested in some of these especially rear screen dealer sticker, how much £ are we looking at?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

how much £ are we looking at?

Sorry! Just read post properly!

Yes I would definetly be intrested in obtaining the x3 items, but would like to see the new items next to originals for comparison first though before committing?! Also I asume that the dealer plates bearing your registration no. will be the pre2001 old style charles wright font?

Hi Guys

Its Chris here from Passion Restoration Products and its us who design, make & supply these.

I had a good chat with Gareth (OSV) at NWVW at Tatton Park last weekend so thought I would join up and answer any questions you may have.

We originally started doing plates, stickers & tax disk holders for the Ford RS lads but after word spread round that we were doing these it soon became apparent that we were getting popular amongst the VW & Vauxhall crew too.

Please see some of our work below to give you an idea of what we van do. Please bare in mind that they are jpegs so may appear blocky but they are spot on once done.

FCPurser-FullSet2.jpg

GallaghersofSandycroft2.jpg

JohnGrose-FullSet1.jpg

KTDartford-FullSetBlue.jpg

ShawKilburnLtd-GMPlates.jpg

This is just a small part of the business as our speciality is Custom Flocking, Custom Powder Coating, zinc plating and concours rebuilds etc.

Our full list of services are below.

PRPFlyer006.jpg

Kind regards

Chris

Passion Restoration Products

Edited by Chris @ PRP

If you have any questions guys then please drop me a PM or reply on this thread.

Timescale is usually 7-10 days from time of purchase. this gives me anough time to get the layouts done, approved then made up and sent out.

Many thanks

Chris :thumbleft:

Edited by Chris @ PRP

Thanks for signing up Chris, i'm confident the proofs will demonstrate the high quality product you are offering

Gareth

Quality looks great, nice find Gareth, I'm in! :)

Mine is from a dealer in Cumbria, will have a look later!

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting some examples up, how do we go about ordering?

My pleasure :thumbleft:

Just drop me an email with all the details with what you require etc

Emails are better for me to keep track of rather than PM's etc

My email is: [email protected]

Kind regards

Chris

Ok, having spoken with Chris, I can confirm that plates can be supplied in the appropriate year font which I understand is known as Charles Wright font. Anyone one interested should contact Chris direct or ask questions through the thread as orders will be very specific to an individuals requirements and will not really be suitable for group buy due to the bespoke nature of each order.

Edited by OSV