Redfox

How to get locking rings off ?

Hi all,

I have a set of BBS RC323 7,5*17 rims. I want to take off the mazda centering rings, and they are locked with a thin ring of hard wire. I just broke a few screwdrivers etc, so I am in need of a how to get the suckers off.

Any ideas are wellcome.

Cheers,

Redfox

Edited by Redfox

I took a very thin flatbladed screwdriver, and carefully levered it down the side along the locking ring. Then by raising the screwdriver to near vertival, I could move the locking ring a little bit out from it's grove.

Then I inserted a long thin torxscrew in the end of the locking ring closest to the screwdriver, wearing gloves too because else the screw is a pain to hold, levered the locking ring a little upwards, turned the screw a little to get better hold of the locking ring, and voila, the ring came out.

It took a few tries, before I succeeded, but eventually all four came off.

The reason why it can e a little hard is, that the grove on BBS RC's is very narrow, and does not leave much room for fiddleing.

New fittings from BBS was inserted, greencoloured aluminium rings, and new locking rings as weel, and all was good.

Cheers,

Redfox.