DannyM

HELP ! Front bumpers ripped off '??!!

i was reversing my car off a ramp and the splitter got hooked onto the corner and my bumper all ripped off the front the metal bar is still in place but i cant figure out how to put the bumper on the metal bumper bar theres little clips that are there that ive tried to push in but it does not attach on right ?? underneath the car the 4 bolts are done but one has been destroyed so the spanner cant loosen it any ideass ?????

Check to see whether the clips on the bumper skin are broken. Also check the side brackets on the skin that slide onto the wings.

To get the bumper off, it might be best to cut off the bolt that's been destroyed - the bolts are held in by captive nuts on the bumper brackets, but they are inside the chassis leg when the bumper is on the car.

ive Tried everything to remove that destroyed bolt but i cant , if i need to cut it with what and how ? any help ?

Is the captive nut inside loose?

If yes, depends what tools you have at your disposal... angle grinder, blow torch, drill, dremel!

If not then see if there is enough of the bolt left to get some Irwin bolt removers on the remains. If it's just a stud, then see if a stud removal tool will work.

Use plenty of Plusgas if you're not cutting it off.