daniel

2.0 16v 9a cranks but doesnt start

pulled of in my car this morning got to the end of the road and it died and wouldnt start again. i checked all the plugs ignition lesds etc i wsnt getting no spark from the coil ive changed the coil but still no joy

the bateryy is new so thats not at fault i need help please as im no mechanic and not sure what to do next any hepl would be much appreciated.

pulled of in my car this morning got to the end of the road and it died and wouldnt start again. i checked all the plugs ignition lesds etc i wsnt getting no spark from the coil ive changed the coil but still no joy

the bateryy is new so thats not at fault i need help please as im no mechanic and not sure what to do next any hepl would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that mate!

Could be fuel related?

Check the basics, Fuel getting through ok? Can you hear the fuel pump working? Fuel Lines and filter clear nothing blocking them?

That would be my first port of call then move on from there if all seems ok.

Let us know how you get on!

the fuel pump is working you can hear it when the ignition goes on so i assume that fuel is getting through.

im not a mechanic and have very little knowledge

the fuel pump is working you can hear it when the ignition goes on so i assume that fuel is getting through.

im not a mechanic and have very little knowledge

Just because the pumps working doesn't mean you nessasarily getting fuel through, have a look in the fuel filter. Is it clogged at all, if you try starting it and thats bone dry afterward the fuel isn't getting there, is there fuel at the plugs?

Could be the ECU is playing tricks so might be worth disconnecting the battery for 15 mins or so then reconnect it and try starting again as that will reset the ECU.

Other common faults on these include coil pack (which you have changed), the crank sensor, or could be the immobilizer is kicking in?? Had this on mine couple of years ago it kicked in while I was driving, had it disconnected and replaced with new alarm and immobilisor and it was fine.

Have you got any breakdown cover? If you not too handy with mechanics someone like the AA maybe able to give you a good idea of whats up as they will be able to test it out a bit more.

Just because the pumps working doesn't mean you nessasarily getting fuel through, have a look in the fuel filter. Is it clogged at all, if you try starting it and thats bone dry afterward the fuel isn't getting there, is there fuel at the plugs?

Could be the ECU is playing tricks so might be worth disconnecting the battery for 15 mins or so then reconnect it and try starting again as that will reset the ECU.

Other common faults on these include coil pack (which you have changed), the crank sensor, or could be the immobilizer is kicking in?? Had this on mine couple of years ago it kicked in while I was driving, had it disconnected and replaced with new alarm and immobilisor and it was fine.

Have you got any breakdown cover? If you not too handy with mechanics someone like the AA maybe able to give you a good idea of whats up as they will be able to test it out a bit more.

i will check the fuel filter now and c if there is fuel at the plugs its got an old alarm on it but that doesnt work. im going to join the aa this week i think i need to i dont hav emuch look with dubs