Rob_B

are performance trim still going?

I've been trying to get hold of performance trim for about a week now with no luck. Both via email and phone. I've got a bonnet on order and was wondering where it was!

Anyone managed to speak to them recently or know if there is a reason I can't get hold of them? Holiday/shutdown perhaps? Nothing on the website that confirms that idea.

I've tried the office number and the mobile number given on the website, although I've not left a voicemail on the mobile yet.

Any ideas would be nice,

Regards, Rob

From Edition38:

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Saw the performance trim Thread has been locked due to all hearsay ...

, and spoke to both my friends, one who works There , it went under last Friday unfortunately ,

Sorry bud :(

Yeah I just went on to edition and found those threads, not cool. Gutted as I should have put that money into my house deposit fund but I needed/wanted a new bonnet and decided to splash out on a carbon/GRP one.

Lets se if I can get the money back via my credit card

Yeah I just went on to edition and found those threads, not cool. Gutted as I should have put that money into my house deposit fund but I needed/wanted a new bonnet and decided to splash out on a carbon/GRP one.

Lets se if I can get the money back via my credit card

You'll get it back if you paid over £100 per transaction on a credit card. A credit card company is jointly liable with the retailer under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I've recovered money several times from the card company when I've not been happy with the goods and the retailer has been difficult. On one occasion the bank (Lloyds TSB) refused to get involved but after writing to the banking ombudsman and highlighting that they were liable in law then the bank offered a full refund.

I paid by credit card, so I need to get onto that.

Is there any way we can actually find out if they have folded? At the moment it seems to be hear say. I suspect it is true, but it would be nice to know officially

Sorry can't help with that. But I recommend calling your card company immediately and registering a dispute. They will then put a hold on the transaction until it is resolved either way. They will then send you some forms. The company does not need to have folded for you to take this action. The meer fact the company is not responsive is enough to register the dispute, which can be retracted if the company suddenly sends your goods.

well I've logged a dispute with halifax, so lets see what happens. Had a look on an insolvency list and it seems thats the holding company for performance trim is listed there, so I think its a done deal.

Feel for the guys who used paypal and can't get there money back. Think I would be taking a ride down there if that was my position. Luckily I do all my online transactions via credit card, although this is the first issue I've ever had.

The annoying thing is I'm sure that they will start up under another name and carry on, forgetting all the people they have stitched up on the way.

wow, i had a close call looking at this! Suprised they've closed down as they were extremely busy. Are we sure they arent on holiday? Most factories around the uk around this time of year shut down for a short time

people have trying to get hold of them since mid july with no success. also a business on the same industrial park has issued a statement on its website about not being affiliated with performance trim, and that they have ceased trading from their unit. the holding company, mulsanne cars, is listed on an insolvancy website. all in all, its not looking good.

if they were on holiday, the very least I would expect would be a message on an answer phone, or a statement on the website.

agreed it doesnt sound good but have heard of other automotive suppliers just shootin off on holidays/business trips without warning. I hope its not true as there stuff was top notch!

well halifax are investigating the dispute so all we can do is wait. To be honest, I really do want the bonnet. Not looking likely though!