pallet30

g60 engine problems

ok ive had to do some bits to get the corrado up in the air of the coil overs and taken it back to the mot station, but on my way i noticed a horrible noise coming from the top end of the engine. Are the tappets hydralic or not as i keep saying im new to these cars. funny thing though when i got there ( i did drive it hard to see if it would clear ) the noise was still there and suddenly stopped and the noise completly went. now i know the cars been stood a while and the oil isnt the best in it so should i flush it out with some wyns flush or just give it an oil change, i dont like using flushes for some reason but if its a sticking tappet then it should free it up a bit.

also whats the best grade oil to use, its done about 150k so its well run in now, i work for a motor factors and have tried all my suppliers and they reccomend 10w/40 semi but has anyone got a better grade to use for high miles?

sorry bout all the questions im asking on this forum but ill be honest ive joined many forums for diferent cars in the past and the people on here are so helpful and offer good advice, unlike a few of the other sites ive joined.

cheers Paul

10/40 is right , just a good semi synthetic will do

yes they have hyd tappets , maybe run some cheapo super market oil for a weeK(no racing etc) then drop it and try some decent stuff with a genuine vw filter

atf (auto trans fluid) often helps clear them , you can add 0.5-1ltr before a oil change