Jim

Interest in more headlight protectors?

A while back, a chap on here (shawshankkid) did a group buy on some excellent headlight protectors. They were done in the style of the original ones and simply clipped over the headlights. Unfortunately I believe the guy who originally produced these can't / won't do any more so the supply has dried up and annoyingly one of mine broke this weekend :(

Just wondering what the demand would be if I looked around for a good plastics company to manufacture some of these? I'd want them to cost no more than £30 a set ideally and would only be looking for basic / clear protectors initially.. not coloured / tinted.

If there is enough interest I'd be happy to start looking around for suitable companies.

Hi - can you get any pics of these please?

I was toyin with getting the laminex stuff. Any feedback from someone who has tried both the laminex and the protectors?

cheers

I'll grab a picture of the ones on my car before I head home this evening so you've got an idea of what I'm talking about :)

These are hard plastic protectors that clip over the headlight lenses. Judging by the marks in mine, they've saved my headlights at least twice!

Jim, I'd be really interested if something similar could be done for the fogs/indicators 8)

Jim, I'd be really interested if something similar could be done for the fogs/indicators 8)

No interest in those for me personally mate, and certainly not yet. Gonna see how / if the headlight thing goes first and can look to branching out after if there is demand :)

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

The company that used to make them for the forum still sells them through ebay, I came across them a week or so ago whilst searching!

Here they are: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Headlight-Covers-Protectors-Perspex-/270796484417?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0cba6f41#ht_500wt_922

Hm. I didn't even think to look - I thought they'd stopped making them. No point in going through the grief if someone is already making them so I'll lock this up!!! :)