harryc

Issues selling the VR

As some people may have read I have put a deposit down on a 2 year old Rocco and have been attempting to sell the vr.

Its been through ebay twice now and the bidding hasn't gone over £1500 and have had very little interest. Is the car overpriced for its condition and mileage?

I was expecting to get £3000 for it seeing as its in exceptional condition with below average mileage but the offers I have been receiving have been well below £2000. Am i completely mad to value the car at what I have? (1995 vr on 113k cloth recaro interior)

Ebay link; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190568462892?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Old style for sale link; http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?52464-1995-Black-Magic-Pearl-VR6-Cloth-recaro-Bodywork-COMPLETE!

I know the seat will demand around £900 if sold separately, am I better off doing this and and advertising the car at around £2200-2500?

It's a tricky one. To be honest I think you might be better off looking for a 4-500 + swap deal on some standard seats and lowering the price?

You'll never get top whack on the bay, but you probably know that already. Perhaps leave it in a busy area with a for sale sign on it ?

Right car, wrong time ?

Keep us posted on how you get on. All the best,

James

It's a tricky one. To be honest I think you might be better off looking for a 4-500 + swap deal on some standard seats and lowering the price?[/quote

I know the recaros go for around £950 on their own and have been offered 850 plus a very clean stock interior.

You'll never get top whack on the bay, but you probably know that already. Perhaps leave it in a busy area with a for sale sign on it ?

Right car, wrong time ?

Keep us posted on how you get on. All the best,

James

I think you're right about the time of year, the VW salesman was close to taking it off me today but had just paid for a holiday. Think I'll put a sign in the window tomorrow and see if I get any inquiries as the most interest I get is usually strangers walking up to me and asking about it.

Every one has left the country....... school holidays etc...... Poor time to sell anything auction wise as there is a reduced audience.

That was a stroke of luck! Have just agreed the sale of the car for £2300 without the interior!

Congrats with the sale mate, cant believe they dont want the interior though!!

Who wouldnt want that interior?!?!

That was a stroke of luck! Have just agreed the sale of the car for £2300 without the interior!

Ah, that may be a clue to who it is!!! .......... Next project car.

I think you've already got a long line of people queuing for the seats. But I'd be interested too :)

EDIT: Ah, just seen you've got an advert out there.

Edited by Portent