C5 OEM

Recaros

would be second in a long queue for a front seats only, could do with any color as can repaint them

got first refusal on the beige ones just waiting more upto date pictures, the other two are too good and too expensive to retrim them

The second set sold months ago, dont know why a mod doesn't delete it as the OP hasn't :shrug:

I reckon the GUnit ones would be your best bet to be honest. They have hung around for months. I think they started off at £1200 or some ludicrous price and haven't sold. As you're aware they are on E38 for quite a bit less than on here now and there are a couple of people after the door cards, rear bench, etc. I asked about them when they first went up for sale and if I recall they don't come with either of the looms. But you already have the heated loom in the car, and the movement loom is literally a couple of wires so simple to make up.

You might need to retrim them as, frankly, they don't look in the best of condition in the pictures. In fact, knowing how good the rest of your car is I think you should plan to retrim them. I don't think you'd be happy with anything less (hope you don't mind me making assumptions there - it's meant as a compliment).

So one plan might be...

1) Buy them at the cheapest price you can get them.

2) Sell the rear bench and door cards. This will help pay for a retrim.

3) Retrim the front seats and your existing rear seats and doorcards so they all look fresh.

4) Keep your existing standard front seats and use them as daily's.

5) You will then have the retrimmed, and rarely used, recaros for shows.

To quote Karl when I sought his advice on the car... "get it bought!" :)

One caveat though... check whether all motors, switches and heating elements work before buying.

That beige set is a crazy price for frankly a tatty looking interior IMO, you would need to spend a lot of money on top of that to get the sort of interior you want. If you have pots of cash laying around to spend on this to show two little Recaro indents in the front seats, you're mad!!!!! Haha.

Just think, there was a chap on here who bought a complete VR car with a grey Recaro interior he wanted for less than a grand. I've just bought a complete standard Storm black leather interior with next to no wear on it for £400 a few weeks back. Patience and you'll find the right set mate.

That beige set is a crazy price for frankly a tatty looking interior IMO, you would need to spend a lot of money on top of that to get the sort of interior you want. If you have pots of cash laying around to spend on this to show two little Recaro indents in the front seats, you're mad!!!!! Haha.

Just think, there was a chap on here who bought a complete VR car with a grey Recaro interior he wanted for less than a grand. I've just bought a complete standard Storm black leather interior with next to no wear on it for £400 a few weeks back. Patience and you'll find the right set mate.

These are for sale for considerably less on another forum. The advert here is out of date. If he can get them cheaply enough then a retrim may become an option.

A standard black leather interior is worth quite a bit less than a rare cream recaro leather interior.

Now I own a pair of (cloth) recaros I definitely think it was money well spent although I appreciate that's not everyones opinion and we are all looking for different things in our cars.

These are for sale for considerably less on another forum. The advert here is out of date. If he can get them cheaply enough then a retrim may become an option.

A standard black leather interior is worth quite a bit less than a rare cream recaro leather interior.

Very valid point there mate, if the price is right, then a retrim is worth going for.

I wouldn't dispute about the value difference with standard leather at all. I'm very happy with mine and find it to be more comfy and holds you better than Recaros. To me, Recaros seem to be too flat and wide across the base. You slide across the seat instead of being gripped.

Saying that, having the name is nice also!

I reckon the GUnit ones would be your best bet to be honest. They have hung around for months. I think they started off at £1200 or some ludicrous price and haven't sold. As you're aware they are on E38 for quite a bit less than on here now and there are a couple of people after the door cards, rear bench, etc. I asked about them when they first went up for sale and if I recall they don't come with either of the looms. But you already have the heated loom in the car, and the movement loom is literally a couple of wires so simple to make up.

You might need to retrim them as, frankly, they don't look in the best of condition in the pictures. In fact, knowing how good the rest of your car is I think you should plan to retrim them. I don't think you'd be happy with anything less (hope you don't mind me making assumptions there - it's meant as a compliment).

So one plan might be...

1) Buy them at the cheapest price you can get them.

2) Sell the rear bench and door cards. This will help pay for a retrim.

3) Retrim the front seats and your existing rear seats and doorcards so they all look fresh.

4) Keep your existing standard front seats and use them as daily's.

5) You will then have the retrimmed, and rarely used, recaros for shows.

To quote Karl when I sought his advice on the car... "get it bought!" :)

One caveat though... check whether all motors, switches and heating elements work before buying.

that's the plan, buy them and restore them to a good standard and sell the individual bits to pay for the whole set, then retrim the recaro`s and rest of mine..

it is expensive to buy recaro`s especially corrado ones which are heated and electric but they will add to the car and i like them...lol