Storm Guy

Rad Elbow - #535121647 - UK Sources

Looking for (preferably a new) rad elbow. New options seem to be classicvw.de but cant seem to get anyone to pick up the phone (just a German voicemessage), or US.

Gruvenparts also do an expensive billet replacement but would like to use stock part - does anyone please know of any other relatively quicker UK sources.

Many thanks

Very much appreciated - that would be great, thank you.

By classic parts do you mean VWHeritage? I ordered another part from them recently but had to wait over 3 weeks for it to arrive (from Germany, from classicvw.de) so was hesitant in ordering again from them again

Thanks

No :( Classic Parts can get them but had none in stock when we went.. so would be subject to a few days lead time.

We ideally need to put together an order and stick them in as one with Classic Parts directly to save on shipping, etc.

I was disappointed believe me as my VR rad neck has a pinhole leak and it's something I've been looking to swap for a while!

Hi mate - no sorry, they did not hold them on site and didn't have time to order us one while we were still there but they do do them and they are 6 Euro each...

I'll put in an order with them at some point in the next couple of months but am about to go to spain for a week so not had time to think about what I need.

Really good guys though at Classic Parts and they seemed very enthusiastic, also much cheaper than VW Heritage for prices!

Was hoping to get you one and offer it to you for £850 with a free set of ZW1's :lol:

No :( Classic Parts can get them but had none in stock when we went.. so would be subject to a few days lead time.

We ideally need to put together an order and stick them in as one with Classic Parts directly to save on shipping, etc.

I was disappointed believe me as my VR rad neck has a pinhole leak and it's something I've been looking to swap for a while!

Thank you Jim. Yes, seems to be a fairly common problem, just at that tiny point at the top where the moulding seems to have been snapped off during production.

Hi mate - no sorry, they did not hold them on site and didn't have time to order us one while we were still there but they do do them and they are 6 Euro each...

I'll put in an order with them at some point in the next couple of months but am about to go to spain for a week so not had time to think about what I need.

Really good guys though at Classic Parts and they seemed very enthusiastic, also much cheaper than VW Heritage for prices!

Was hoping to get you one and offer it to you for £850 with a free set of ZW1's :lol:

Thanks, really appreciate the efforts anyway. They do seem good guys whenever I have contacted them via email, with good prices too. That ZW1 offer sounds good...lol, thanks, but something else looks like it may have come up to satisfy my desires:)

Thanks again guys. If you think there may be interest in the combined order from Classic VW, then of course I'd certainly be interested in being a part of it.

Thank you Jim. Yes, seems to be a fairly common problem, just at that tiny point at the top where the moulding seems to have been snapped off during production.

Yup - exactly the same problem for me.

inbetween hamburg and hannover on the 7. Did you guys drive drive over? You have to have driven on the 2

Just going to invite you boys around for a beer!

Bugger! We were staying near Osnabruck.. and had plenty of time to kill so would have been up for a meet-up and a beer! :) And yes, we drove over in my VR6.

Might well go back again next year so will remember to give you a shout!