G60  CS

Solid Tensioner problems

Hi I have a solid tensioner on my engine which keeps loosening off after a 100 miles or so any ideas why ? Anyone else have this problem with theirs ? I was wondering If I should be using lock nuts or nylox or soem thread lock ?

1.9 (PG) G60 with the following tweeks:

Flowed n ported head

Piper 268 cam

1.9 bottom end with Wossenor pistons

Jabba inductiion kit

Jabba stage 4 charger

BBM redtops

BBM billet fuel rail

BBM RSR charger outlet

BBM solid front mount

Gwerks toothed pulley kit

Pro Alloy FMIC kit

Mocal oil cooler

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Basically Ive changed the standard tensioner that looks like a small shock for a stainless steel solid one as have many other yet it seems every 100 miles or so it works loose and I end up with a flat battery :(

Ah ok, if the nuts are stainless then they are prone to loosening, also the fact that it's solid maybe makes it vibrate more...

Nylocks should do the trick but you could also try sprung washers or best of all I reckon the oval lock nuts vw do

Basically Ive changed the standard tensioner that looks like a small shock for a stainless steel solid one as have many other yet it seems every 100 miles or so it works loose and I end up with a flat battery :(

you should notice a drop in power too... As supercharged says, the oval lock nuts are the bees knees