VW_OwneR_85

Audi door handles yay or ney?......

hi, anyone here had audi door handles welded in?? realy thinking about doing it as both my doors idealy need re spraying so might aswell go that bit extra and update them handles at the same time, which model audi has the best suited handles? i like the smooth look of the A3 but dont know much about the lock mechanism etc so any advice on which ones or work involved to get the lock/handle working would be sweet!

I really like the look of a3 handles on a corrado. Search on google for a a3 handle kit for mk2 golf. Not shure but it should work on a c. It comes with the plates ready to weld on the door

yea i saw those , venom have them there like £250 though :(

iv seen on ebay A3 dooors going for like £30 each so i could just get the seller to cut them them up at extra cost if nessacery would still be cheaper then the kit, but its just figureing out how the lock is going to work as i dont want any after market remote central locking etc,

Twice ive been to the scrappy kicked the **** outta a pair of doors (to reduce value) then haggled em down to letting me cut what I need from the doors, I've done this to my old mk2 golf doors and my corrado, welded them in myself, as for the door mech, you drill a hole in your lock on the door opening latch and bend a thin peice of bar to shape to operate the door. I use welding wire as a practice peice then once you have the bends correct make a better stronger pair, peice of ****. Those from venom don't come with any kind of mechanism you have to make that yourself, get a handle from a scrappy and it will all make sense.

cheers erny, you got any pics? which model audi did you use on the corrado door?

yea floppyman its crazy the price of them heres a link, theres noway im paying for that when the scarppy will do http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Speedtech&category=Bodystyling&product=AudiHandles

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

I used Audi 90 rear door handles as the panels are fairly flat, I've not got any pics, if I get time I'll pop a door card off and take the linkage out and take a few pics, there's a lad round our way who I'm gunna help with the linkages soon so I'll try n take some pics then