Redfox

Parts situation for Corrado... ARGH!

Doorhandles, notoriously break: NO. - daves16v has repair kits to solve this problem.

Buttons to hold the cover over fusebox: NO. - Bag of 10 available from Classic Parts for less than £6

Intruments for centerconsole: NO. - Are you suprised? £260 :o

Rubbers to hang the parcelshelf in: NO. - Alternative; use the Lupo/Polo strings

Front lower grille: NO. - This is NOT obselete. I bought one last week.

covers in corners of instrumentation: NO. - Chinese Jetta. About £10 for a pair.

doorcards: NO. - VW Classic Parts do have some of the remaining Munich stock.

Seats: NO. - As above.

Karmann sign: NO. - Easily sourced second hand.

Jet sign: NO. - Wings?

G60 rearbadge: NO. - Classic Parts

G60 frontbadge: NO. - Classic Parts

Gearbox stiffening arm: NO.

Door seal (on car body): NO - Currently being considered for reproduction. I have this from the horses mouth.

Leather handle for handbrake: NO. - Only just obseleted. So will probably appear on Classic Parts site soon.

Leather gaitor for handbrake: NO. - Classic Parts

Loudspeakergrilles for doors: NO. - Classic Parts

G-ladders: NO. - Put a VR6 engine in ;)

As has been said, it's all about being resourceful and using your noddle.

For those interested I've been speaking to VW Classic Parts allot recently and heres a response I've received. The Classic Parts devision is about to get a hell of a lot bigger over the next two years. VW are actually starting to wake up and smell the Coffee.

The criteria for the obsolete parts are as follows: 15 years after a car’s production was finished, it’s parts become obsolete. When the part is obsolete, you are not able to get it on the local market anymore and we, VW Classic parts, take care of the parts. But first we check how sales were in the recent years. If a part sold good, it will still be available, if not, it won’t be available anymore. Of course, we also check whether the car itself has got potential to be a classic one someday.

Hi Pat,

Well, that good news, so maybe there will be a little hope after all ;)

I asked a local VW dealership about all of these parts, and with the exection of the lower front grille (the one that includes the towing hooks, of which I got the last according to Etka), they cannot gey any of it, as they ask the VW importer in Denmark, SMC Biler, who is then forwarding the request to Classic Parts. And every single time I got a no back for an answer. I just asked last friday about a 50mm frontspoiler, and still got the nope.

Concerning the VR6 engine, I really prefer the G60 or 16v or combined. no offence intended to all those VR6 engined people ;)

I think I may have to write to Classic Parts myself then ;) Seems to be a lot more fruitfull.

Unfortunately the local dealers are not connected to VW's sparepartsystem themselves, so they only see what is in stock in Germany North and by another request in South too. Strange.

Well, I'll assemble a long list and write to Classic Parts.

Many thanks!

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

i too bought a lower front grill last week???!! ill check back at my vw dealers and see what they say...........

G-ladders: NO. - Put a VR6 engine in

B*ll*x to that, get a spare Lader :) There are still some around, but you will need to look globally, since in the UK the G60 has never been sold in the same numbers as elsewhere (Germany for example).

If a part sold good, it will still be available, if not, it won’t be available anymore.

And if there is actually enough demand from enthusiasts contacting the right people within Classic Parts, then they, too, may consider restarting production :)

Tempest