Haribo

Passat handles

Ive done a search and I couldnt find all the details I wanted.

My corrado has rear passat handles on them, they were there when I got it so I dont know what went into changing them,

Now my drivers side has stopped working from the outside and has gone all loose from the door. both sides have always been a bit stiff.

So far I have gathered that the passat ones are different, but I dont know what bit cause ive never had corrado ones to compare them with.

I was gonna get that repair kit that dude makes from here but he doesnt make passat ones.

so anyway, thats the situation, my question is what actually goes into changing from corrado to passat handles cause I dont know if I should be :

a- buying some sort of repair kit

b- buying more passat handles (but I dont know if they need modifying once I get them)

c- just getting a corrado set which doesnt sit well with me cause the locks wont match (whether I use them or not, just an OCD thing)

Its getting annoying getting in my passenger door :/

Harry

Bump! I am interested to know what items to use

I think it's handles from a passat years 88-93 but am not sure!

As far as I'm aware you would just need the handle from the appropriate year of Passat as to get them to work required swapping the actual lock mechanism from the Passat as well due to the different striker arm design. No further modification should be required if you are doing a straight swap. Get thee to ye olde scrap yard.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Edited by Wullie