little andrew

Fuse 16 blowing

Whilst using the c the other day I noticed on the way home that the spoiler hadn't raised (worked on the way there half an hour before). Used the switch itself but nothing, very disappointing. For some reason I had a peak under the black electrical tape that currently covers my abs light and the light had gone out. "yeah!" I thought, the abs light has finally gone out, saves me the hassle of taking it somewhere to be put on vag com, it's on my ever growing to do list!. I'm praying for an easy fix so when I get home I check the fuses. Fuse 16 had blown, easy I thought. New fuse in, ignition on, abs light comes on, 1 second later pop another fuse blows, abs light off again :shrug:

Any ideas?

Used the search button but most of the results are for rear spoilers popping fuse 16. Am guessing its abs related, the abs light itself did come on with the ignition then go off a few seconds later as it should after it had done its checks (how it passed its mot) but it would then come back on again once exceeding 15mph showing a fault somewhere on the system. Been like that for months so don't know what’s suddenly made it throw a wobbly.

Completely unrelated but I now have a coolant leak somewhere on the front of the engine block itself, shined a touch down there but can't see much just a few drops of moisture so going to have to have a look from the underneath at some point. Making a mess over my newly painted garage floor!!!

Edited by little andrew