webbywagon

Siezed calipers

Well after much swearing and crying, ive managed to get my siezed G60 calipers off the hubs. Ive managed to eventually get the pistons to move out, and there looks to be corrosion on the pistons surface. Are they servicable or would i be better getting decent second hand ones. Also where can i get a service kit from, GSF anygood.

They are serviceable VW do seal kits for them, you could completely pop out the psiton and have a look at the pistons if they are really bad then price up new pistons as well, if its gonna be expensive price up a new set of callipers and see what they would cost, other option is to get a decent set of second hand ones and strip them down and reseal them, that way you might save on haveing to replace the pistons, as I am not sure how much they would cost.

If you are replacing the seals then you will have to factor into the price a piston winding tool.

It depends on your time also, if you need them ASAP then buying new ones would be alot easier

Drivers side is in need of a new seal and the piston needs cleaning. Passenger one looks ok. I think i might either get some replacements, or do what i did on my mk2 GTI 20VT, and use Porsche Calipers again.