webbywagon

Porsche Calipers

Anyone used Porsche calipers up front. I have done this conversion on my previous mk2 Golf 20VT. Its a great upgrade and looks trick, however i had to use 25mm spacers to clear the calipers for my BBS RM's and it made lowering it tricky. I think the offset on my RM's was quite shallow though so this did'nt help. I quite fancy doing it on my Rado as the wings/arches seem to give more clearance than my mk2 golf did.

I started with a g60 set up as a base, and made some brackets to make the Porsche calipers fit. The seat Ibiza cupra discs bolt straight on.

I am running spacers on my wheels, but that obviously depends on the off sets of the wheels

Yeh, brackets are needed to lift them away from the bigger discs, tbh i think spacers are needed regardless. Mainly because of how wide the calipers are. Have you got yours reasonable ride height or slammed, and how wide are your rims. Im looking at slamming and ive got 8.5J BBS RM's, but i dont want the issues i had with my Golf.

Brackets are needed because the Porsche calipers mount differently to vw ones. The calipers are alot wider than standard calipers, but the disc sits in the same place as standard. My wheels are 7j and it's not slammed because I like to drive it fast. You will need about 50mm clearance from your disc to the back face of your wheel for clearance.

Did you use front or rear 4 pots. Mine bolted straight onto the hubs using a specific spacer i had made. Discs were 280mm if i remember, because of the caliper clearance. I could have used brackets to lift them away, but my splittys would'nt have fitted. Still stopped bang on though, and were like for like bolt onto the hubs.