davie

headlight failure PLEASE help

ive hids fitted which stopped working today, checked the fuses and now i have NO lights at the front of the car... rears work fine... please help i have no idea were to go from here, fuses are fine

nobody ?.... can any1 even tell me if there is a relay for the lights ? kinda need my lights working

I know nothing about hid lights but if your fuses are all OK then check for relays around the battery.

Most corrados have got some kind of wire upgrade and you might find your problem with the upgrade if not done right.

You should have a separate relay for each side so as you have nothing it could be a dodgy wire going to the battery?

As were talking hid I'm not sure but you might at least have side lights?

is the original OEM headlight loom plug still intact? If so, grab some H4 bulbs and put them back into the headlights and then connect the original loom into the unit (basically bypassing the HID ballasts, bulbs and any other non-standard wiring)

If that all works then you can narrow it down to faulty ballasts or other wiring.

thanks.. i was thinking along those lines, only issue was that when the hids failed all the oem sidelights, foglights etc still worked, by checking the fuses and starting the car again i had nothing at all, thing is the sidelights and hid's aint connected and run seperate as normal with a car with hids. so is there an actual relay for the front lights? if so were is it located. will check the back of the switch tomorow for the earth wire

ok, had the switch out and all is fine with that. still dead up front . is there a relay that would cause this ?????????

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

right.... managed to get all the original lights working :)

so im guessing the hids failed, pretty annoying as they are ment to be 1-2 months old