waynos

What is this likely to be?

Car has developed a seriously annoying noise. I could be driving along at 20 mph and i hear a really low squeek. Its definitaly something rotating. It gets worse after time and when im doing about 10 mph its quite loud. Can only describe the sound as rubber on metal. If i stop and then pull off really slowly it kinda sounds like a clicking noise then its back to the rubbery squeek noise. It doesnt affect the way the car drives and i can be in or out of gear, on or off the brakes. It comes and goes as it pleases. Any ideas? I think the noise is on the passenger side

Deffo front. Had the wheels off but couldnt see nothing out the ordinary. Couldnt get it to recreate the noise either! Typical

How do u mean in the wheels? Ive checked for bearing play and theres nothing. Top mounts are solid. Im thinkin cv joint maybe

Brake pads, discs,ball joints, cv joints, drop links whatever?!?!?

Check the back plate of the disc... Make shure theres enough clearence

One think i did have was a screw that held the dust guard behind the disc had some how worked its was out and was rubbing against the disc. Only did it turning one way though. Rather loud squeak

rubbery squeek noise.

S & M mouse wedged in radiator ??

Have you checked for stones etc wedged in tyres, drive shaft gaiters splits or even brake hoses rubbing on tyres

my car doesnt appear to have the disc brake sheilds! brake pads and discs were done at the begining of the year. brake lines are well out the way. It only makes the noise when moving. Going to have another check at the weekend when i got some decent light to work under