KIPVW

No Sound but have power! Blaupunkt Atlanta

Hi All,

I have re-fitted my original head unit in my Nugget for the OE look, now when i bought the car the guy assured me it worked but he fitted a CD player.

Anyway i have wired it up and it has power and searches for radio stations but there is no sound to the speakers, this is whether i use a cassette or the radio.

Thing is all the speakers are ok as they worked before hand, and they make a small popping sound as i turn on the head unit.

Could the unit be faulty????? or have I wired it up wrong???

All speakers are connected in sequence as says on the sticker on the head unit too!

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kip

Ah bugger, was thinking you'de say that :( ah well! Guess i'l have to look around for another.

Pop the case open and see if there are any small cartridge type fuses inside that may have blown.

Ha Ha like i'll know what they are Chris! Be nce to fix it though as there is quite a bit of lofe to it so may be possible. ;)

They look like smaller 240v mains fuses and sit in metal clip holders on the printed circuit board :lol:. Judith will know !

Some old head units do make a slight popping sound when you turn them on. Well mine used to anyway!!