colinferret@hotmail.com

Paint Code

Hello

I am new to this forum.

I have a 1991 G60. The paint/lacquer has failed on the bonnet and front wings. I want to get it re-sprayed. It is the regular dark blue metalic paint colour atht I have seen on many other examples. Can someone help me with the paint code?

I have seen a list on the web, but I am need some expert help please.

Thanks

hi and welcome

If its an original colour you will find the paint code on the inside of the boot. Open the boot hatch and look near the rear left tail lights are, just down from there on the metal work will be a label with all the option codes your car came with, inc the paint code. I think there is another label in the engine bay, but cant be 100% sure.

If it's been resprayed a different colour you may need to get a body shop to mix and match.

Welcome to the forum - it's probably Aqua Blue Pearl but in 1991 there were 3 different blues...

Is the sticker not on the rear panel (access via the boot) or in the front of the logbook?

This should give the engine code 'PG' along with the paint code which will be something like LC5U

Thank you Sam

I am pretty certain it is original colour.

The handbook said to check the plate under the bonnet, which I did, but it was not there.

I will look in the boot.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Got it.

LK5T

Thanks for help