Sign in to follow this  
BlueVR6

Clutch prob!

Hi gents

I’ve got a problem with my clutch. I’m pretty sure the slave or master cylinder (probable the slave would I be right in guessing?) is on its way out, the usual only getting resistance through the clutch half way down and it sometimes sticks half way down. If anyone has any other ideas please let me now.

What I want to know is how much for the slave cylinder on its own, so I can do it my self, and if its not that easy how much to get it fitted?

The other thing is when engaging/releasing the clutch I’m getting a squeaky, clunky, clicky noise from the clutch/gearbox area. Would this be related?

Help much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi BlueVR6,

as far as cost for the slave cylinder is concerned its £40 from the stealer it was the same price from euro car parts, haven't fitted mine yet, but it doesn't look like a difficult job, also maybe bleeding the system might help your probs in the short term.

HTH,

Eug

Last year i had a problem with my G60´s clutch too! It was the slave cylinder. One day when i got into the car, the floor was all wet (oil leak from clutch peadal). I bought a new one from a VW dealer for 124 Euros. Not difficult to change! :|

[when engaging/releasing the clutch I’m getting a squeaky, clunky, clicky noise from the clutch/gearbox area/quote]

Cheers for the replies on the slave/master cylinder queries, but can anybody help me out on the above quote?

Cheers gents and ladies

when engaging/releasing the clutch I’m getting a squeaky, clunky, clicky noise from the clutch/gearbox area

Cheers for the replies on the slave/master cylinder queries, but can anybody help me out on the above quote?

Cheers gents and ladies

Sorry fcuked up the last reply still new to this game!!!!!!

this is what i ment to say

when engaging/releasing the clutch I’m getting a squeaky, clunky, clicky noise from the clutch/gearbox area

Cheers for the replies on the slave/master cylinder queries, but can anybody help me out on the above quote/topic?

Cheers gents and ladies