KADVR6

air pump,

been cleaning the car today, and since i replaced he engine last weekend there has been a pulsing sound coming from the engine, so had a look and its coming form the airpump by the maf there is a nipple there that a hose goes onto but cant seem to find a pipe that will go there?? did the pipe go from the airpump to the carbon cannister as i dont have one fitted.

cheers

karl

2011-10-15120228.jpg

Edited by KADVR6
no pic

did the pipe go from the airpump to the carbon cannister as i dont have one fitted.

Yes. Usually a black hose to the cannister.

Where's the clear tank venting pipe that feeds tank expansion? It shouldn't be plugged otherwise pressure will build up in the tank on hot days.

Edited by RW1

Where's the clear tank venting pipe that feeds tank expansion?

ok cheers for that as thought there was a pipe going to the carbon cannister, and where does that clear venting pipe go from and too??

The clear flexible tube comes off the tank vent pipe. The tank vent pipe comes into the engine bay below and to the off-side of the brake servo along with the two fuel pipes going to the engine offside. The vent pipe as it appears (rising) out of the body channel has a connection to the clear flexible tube. The tube then makes it way round the off-side of the engine bay, under the solenoid air valve ( your "air pump") and down the unside wing to the carbon cannister.