monzablau16v

broken handles - lock tumblers needed

Hi,

Anyone got some spare lock tumblers? Ideally taken from a broken or missmatched set of door handles?

I need to retumble one of my locks but have no spare tumblers to swap over.

Also looking for the rubber gasket seal along the front leading edge of the bonnet (I have an actual ad in the "wanted" section if you need to know what im after).

thanks!

these things used to be ten a penny... now they're like hen's teeth. have you chatted to your local vw garage? Some people have found the parts chap would sometimes give you a handful for free, however mine told me p*ss off.... :bonk:

there was also talk of the forum buying a new bag of them for forum members to share but i'm not sure how that went. The new bags are available from vag but they cost a bit i think.

Good luck find what you need!

Cheers dude, I'll see if I can pop down to the stealers but I had heard the same as you and thought there was no chance they would give me them for nowt. I'm sure they want something silly for a bag of tumblers...I'll see.

I had one but it was quite badly corroded so I chucked it a few weeks ago. All the ones I've played with (4 or so including boot lock!) have been pretty badly affected by the crap that seeps into them - seized wafers seem pretty common. I fixed my boot lock by soaking it in WD40 for a week and then pounding out the corroded wafers with an automatic centrepunch but they aren't all that easy, and I still have two stuck wafers! As long as you can nudge them up to the cylinder line then it'll still lock and unlock fine, just with slightly less security. Then again if they really want to get in they can always smash a window! :shrug:

Stone

Got a pair of broken handles if u need?

cheers dude... just to check, they still have the lock barrels in (so i can salvage the tumblers) ?

if so, let me know what you want for them posted to me?

thanks

H