iamsilverfox

1.8 kr no spark

bought the car with some running issues. recently sorted and car has been running great. Today however i was bombing along in fourth and at about 4,400rpm the rev needle hesitated then started bouncing all over the shop, resulting in lots of backfiring, no throttle response and the car cut out. and leaving it for a few minutes, it stuck up again and i limped home, still with the needle bouncing everywhere. now ive had it on the drive and it starts, very intermittently. if it does start, it soon cuts out.

when its not starting there's no spark from the coil. I've tested hall sender with a test lamp and it's fine and the coil's getting 12v on ignition. Its bizarre though because occasionally as i was trouble shooting the car would fire and idle perfect for a little bit. then cut out. any advice?

Check your relays and check your earths

I take it when you dont get a spark from the coil everything else still works, i.e lights and ISV buzzes?

Don't count me on this, but if the relay is not working properly then power might not be getting to where its needed. A relay is a switch after all.

You should be able to pop the plastic cover of the relay to see the insides to see the damage.

They are not expensive to replace.