adam164

Ignition barrel problem - a common problem?

I've just been thrown a curveball when picking my car up from the car hi-fi place this morning. According to the technician, Corrados & MK2 Golfs are prone to the barrels being faulty. It's causing my radio to come on, then go out intermittently. Really naffing me off as I've just spent an arm & a leg on the hi-fi & alarm, now I can't use the radio or Bluetooth!

Thing is I've owned MK2's before & never encountered this problem, he says it's a wire that works loose. Hmmmm.

Help!!!!!

Cheers

Adam

Edited by adam164

Not the barrel, no but the original Ignition switches on Corrado's have been upgraded now to a better part (6N0 Polo) - if you take the cowling off the new ones are black in colour, not yellowy white.

Not the barrel, no but the original Ignition switches on Corrado's have been upgraded now to a better part (6N0 Polo) - if you take the cowling off the new ones are black in colour, not yellowy white.

Aye, thanks for that. Just Googled it & a Wiki page has appeared telling me the VAG part number & price ( 12 Pounds) and how to fit it. I'll get my carcass down to Smith Knight Fay in the morning.