AndyCorradoVR6

Engine Temp Light

The engine temp light (at least I think that's which light it is - far left) has slightly been misbehaving. I know it's meant to flash when you put the key in the ignition, but now it continues flashing. Sometimes driving a couple of yards and switching the engine off and then back on does the trick, but not always. Now it just flashes pretty much all the time. The engine isn't overheating so I can only assume/hope that it's a sensor fault.

Does anybody know where I can locate this sensor under the bonnet and is it straight-forward to repair/replace.

Thanks for looking.

Its the low water light and the sensor sits in your expansion tank. Firstly is there water in the expansion tank as if its low it will flash, if thats ok then its either the sensor in the expansion tank thats at fault or the wiring.

If your car hasnt had a coolant change in a while then i would try that first

Thanks Jon. It had a new expansion tank a couple of months ago and the coolant was changed then too, so it should still be quite perky in that department I'm hoping. I'll check the water level tomorrow, but if it is a sensor/wiring problem, is it a big job to correct?

I had this problem where the light would come on as soon as the car starts in the morning. Mine has a new expansion tank and new coolant so what i think had happened with mine is that when the coolant flush was done the rusty deposits that have been moved around during the coolant flush had made there way into the expansion tank. Any way i did another coolant flush last week and the light has been off since.