vw_john

quick question

I have bought this http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_1.8_1991/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/fuel-filter/?503440031&1&eaa5ce0c762b3d7cacd4c6a7d77a754a36656f76&000140

guttman fuel filter, and it doesn't have arrows to indicate what way round it goes? im assuming that the wider end goes toward the rear of the car, like how the old one is in, but can anyone confirm this?

also with fuel filter change, is it just old one out new one in?

cheers

What car do you have? (just that filter won't fit a 16v)

It's a straight swap and assume it goes in like the old one as you say, prime the ignition a few times before starting.

If you have a 92 car or older you may want to buy the newer plastic carrier if it's still got the old metal one as it's much easier to change.

Also really best off buying filters etc from VW - pattern ones like this go rusty after a couple of years where a genuine will still look new after 5!

sorry, that would have helped wouldnt it, its a G60, 91, i was going to, its just i was doing a big order from euros so figured i may aswell.

just looking around and this one http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_1.8_1991/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/fuel-filter/?503440030&1&eaa5ce0c762b3d7cacd4c6a7d77a754a36656f76&000140

goes in the opposite direction!

Yeah sorry that was the way I thought you meant - the link above shows how the VW one goes - I would try and get them to change it to that one, at least Hengst is an OE make.