sam2.0

Newbie with some questions

Hello, new to the site, just purchased a 2.0 16v 1995. Not 100% to my liking, want to take it back to 100% OEM.

A few questions if I may:

Currently has Melber wheels, are these worth much? I'd like to get a set of Speedlines on it.

It also has a supersprint backbox, which I'd like to replace with OEM. Again, is it worth trying to swap? Who do they go for?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

If it was me I'd stick with the stainless steel exhaust. Supersprint is considered one of the good items to have and I'd imagine it's not just the back box but the whole system you'd need to change. As for the wheels it's really down to personal taste. Speedlines do look good but I'm unsure if they are easy to find in 4 stud fitment?

If you could post some pictures please that would be much appretiated... :cool:

The speedlines only came on the VRs as they're 5 stud.

Check the exhaust as supersprint exhausts are mild steel and only the back boxes are stainless steal. You may have a full supersprint exhaust on without realising it if you're expecting it to be stainless steel. But also depends how OEM you want to go - just the back box or the rest of the piping too. The mild steal is black in colour.

Hello, new to the site, just purchased a 2.0 16v 1995. Not 100% to my liking, want to take it back to 100% OEM.

A few questions if I may:

Currently has Melber wheels, are these worth much? I'd like to get a set of Speedlines on it.

Thanks

Standard wheels on a late 2.0 16V would have been Ronal Westwoods, seem to recall a set for sale in the classifieds recently?

Ian.

You can get them in 4 stud. Not cheap but...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-VW-CORRADO-4-STUD

THOSE Speedlines are available in 4 stud and 16", but they're not factory alloys.

But if we're referring to factory speedlines, which i assume he is as he's on about going back to standard, they were only available in 15" and 5 stud. Plus look slightly different to that.

69695.jpg

Edited by Critical_Mass

I've got the receipt of the exhaust, so I'll see what was purchased. Its only 18 months old, but I really don't like the tail pipe. I was thinking a swap with someone for a newish OEM (+cash my way) kind of deal.

Ok, so no Speedlines. What offset etc do I need to ensure I get for them to fit? The wiki reports these were the original for my car:

195/50 R15 82V 61/2J x 15 33 From 07.90

205/50 R15 86V* 6J x 15 35 From 07.91

205/50 R15 86V* 6 1/2J x 15 33 From 07.91

So, any of those. Like I say, I want to keep it as it could have left the factory. Is there a list of wheels paired to model of the car? Can I get BBS's?

Are mine worth anything at all? Good tread left on them all, not seen any for sale.

Standard wheels on a late 2.0 16V would have been Ronal Westwoods, seem to recall a set for sale in the classifieds recently?

Ian.

I beg to differ, Ian! :lol: Estorils were standard, Westwoods were optional. It was the other way around on the 8v.

Yea i would have said estorils on the 8v and sebrings on the 16 v but it might be the other way round

An id stick with the exhaust tbh mate most companys make them at good quality and just because its aftermarket doesent mean its loud and chavvy , my jetex system on the old valver was nice and quiet until u booted it then it sounded great ! If you want a different tail pipe then get a fabrication company to remove the tip and weld on one that suits your style more

Thats what id go for bud

I beg to differ, Ian! :lol: Estorils were standard, Westwoods were optional. It was the other way around on the 8v.

I bow to your superior knowledge of Corrados Andy!!

Ian.

THOSE Speedlines are available in 4 stud and 16", but they're not factory alloys.

But if we're referring to factory speedlines, which i assume he is as he's on about going back to standard, they were only available in 15" and 5 stud. Plus look slightly different to that.

69695.jpg

I stand corrected, now ronal westwoods? Thats a new one to me. I've googled it but only got a link to a post back here, CazzaVR had posted a set for sale but what do they look like?

On another note if you want to go 100% OEM it's worth checking the option codes in the boot. I entered mine in here a while back only to find mine was sold with steel wheels which I thought would be cool banded but I've no idea what they looked like?

Turns out mine was shipped with "C5W = Cast alloy wheels 7J x 15"

When I say OEM, I mean as it could have come from the factory. I was more after what mine are worth

AFAIK standard wheels as follows:

1.8 16v - Sebrings

G60 - Early left hookers usually Sebring, all RHD- BBS

2.0 16v - Estorils

VR6 Campaign - Monte Carlo

VR6 - Speedlines

VR6 Storm - BBS Solitudes

2.0 8v - Ronal Westwoods

Edited by CazzaVR

AFAIK standard wheels as follows:

1.8 16v - Sebrings

G60 - Early left hookers usually Sebring, all RHD- BBS

2.0 16v - Estorils

VR6 Campaign - Monte Carlo

VR6 - Speedlines

VR6 Storm - BBS Solitudes

2.0 8v - Ronal Westwoods

ahh amazing posts, something I couldn't find anywhere and was actually looking for. Now I know which one's which, thanks :)

Thought, mine 1996 2.0 16v came with Westwoods not Estorils, but could be cause it's a late model.. dunno.

I could be interested, pictures/price?

I'll try and get some tomorrow in the light. Unsure on price, not seen any for sale recently, so don't know what they are worth.