Dizzy

Won't rev proper

Hi guys sorry to bother u all I've not got the corrada I've got golf vr6 I've had it for week now but today the wife took it out and rung me said it ran out of fuel which I said can't av as it was just on the red well anyway she got bak but she said keeps stalling so I took it to put more fuel in and it kept stalling so after I put half tank of fuel in took for run spluterd a bit but seemed fine so went to me dads on way bak home it died on me got it started got home and died outside the door so tried starting it wouldn't start so left it for half hour went bak out to it and it started ticks over fine but u go to rev it and it splutters like hell won't drive like it , iv pulled fuel pipe of and turned over there fuel cumin thru but still sound ruff wen rev it up, any idea guys thanks

Hi guys sorry to bother u all I've not got the corrada .....

Worst. Introduction. Ever.

Hehe

Sorry chap, just kidding, I know you're new but it's Corrado.

Has it been fine until now? Do you normally run it fairly low on fuel?

Hi sorry my spelling is terrible lol

Yea it's been until today and the lowest I let fuel go really to the beginning of the red

Thanks for reply

leaving it to the red on the fuel guage is pretty dangerous on old cars. My Mk2 can go to the bottom of the red and still have a litre in it. My corrado is bone dry at the BEGINNING of the red (ask me how I know this...)

Deffo check the filter as something could have been sucked through which has now blocked it.

leaving it to the red on the fuel guage is pretty dangerous on old cars. My Mk2 can go to the bottom of the red and still have a litre in it. My corrado is bone dry at the BEGINNING of the red (ask me how I know this...)

Deffo check the filter as something could have been sucked through which has now blocked it.

Pah, red.

Once you've gone beyond the white which is beyond the red, you know you've cut it pretty fine!

It was wet today, maybe an ignition problem? check HT leads and dizzy? might have water leaking in. had this problem on my car, turned out to be the main ht lead was split

Hi guys thank u all for your car is fixed and running sweet now went and bought new maf sensor and runs fine now  once again THANKS guys