vwgti

VR6 Clutch Master pump

Hi guys, help needed as VW has discontinue production of the clutch master pump for the early 93 clutch master pump, and I live in malaysia where there are only 2 manual VR6 Corrado in the country! Where can i buy them in the UK any help would be great. Thanks a bundle!

you're quite right that the master cyclinder has now been super-seeded (thanks for that one VW!!!).

the solution is to get the new part that has replaced it along with a new pedal inside the car. because the master cylinder is different it attaches to the pedal in a different way, meaning your existing pedal is now useless. you need to get hold of a pedal from a passat circa 1995ish (there may be other years and models with this same pedal, but i'm not enough of a geek to know what the details are - PM Supercharged!).

your old pedal had a pin sticking out of it which went into the pivot for the original master; the new style masters have a plastic clip on them which clips into a retaining slot on the pedal. needless to say the newer design is flimsier and much more a pain in the arse to take apart. the good news is that the pedals aren't that difficult to swap, it's just a couple of circlips and a return spring from what i remember.

the final piece in the puzzle is the line connecting the master to the slave; the existing old hard-line is the wrong shape and won't mate up to the new master when you try and fit it. the best solution to this (IMO) is just to replace the whole line (both solid and flexi parts) with a braided flexi line and then fix the new braided line to the bulkhead. i found no loss of pedal pressure with the braided line and it worked perfectly for me; the old rubber flexis have a habit of going porus over time anyway, so you're best off just replacing the lot.

apologies again i can't give you part numbers, but speak to others on here and/or the dealers and you should get it sorted.

once you've got the new master, pedal and flexi line, it's really not a difficult job. for the record, go for about 90-100cm of flexi, but if you want to be really refined then get some string and measure out exactly where you're going to route it and how you're going to fix it first before going to get a line made up.

hope that helps

Pete, thank you for the detailed explanation can anyone come out with the part numbers for the Passat Pedal as well as the master pump.

Thanks in adavance. I am sure some of you have encountered the issue of getting replacement for this.

Supercharged, yes mine is RHD as in the UK as it was a car that was based in the UK 18 yrs ago! really need help on this...anyone?