m4ttj4mes

anyone used 'mijexhaust' ebay seller for custom exhausts?

hi guys,

im currently (or in the near future) looking to replace my exhaust system with (to start off with) a CAT back/half system and at the momment it looks like the cheapest - and i know you get what you pay for but im on a budget! - is Jetex at around £360 delivered...

i have however noticed this seller 'mijexhaust' on ebay who makes custom stainless exhaust systems for a BIN of £274.99 ono, which i thought was great - especially as it looks like you could probably get it for £250... this also includes the removal of my 21 year old system too and built to the customers exact spec (boxes/diameter/tailpipes etc), sounds too good to be true? im not a brand whore and really not fussed who made the exhaust but was wondering whether anyone on here has been to him/them and had one made? It says they've sold 6 for corrado's specifically so... anyone?!

advice welcomed - especially if you know anywhere else for around this sort of money! Ta,

matt :scratch:

Hi mate. I've used them before but directly at the garage. I dont know how many branches they have but I took my Rado to the one in Birmingham. I had a full exhaust done with no cat. Must say did a very good job! Took half a day to do and cost me £279.99. Let me know if you need any more info. Happy to help!

thnaks for the reply bud! so the same company but not through their ebay sale then? by full exhaust do you mean mnaifold back then? i'd imagine they put just a straight piece of pipe where the cat was - was this included in the 279.99? how many boxes did you have put in - resonated/not and whats the quality like? sound? apologies for the attack...!

Thanks!

Yeah exhaust cat back with oval tailpipe which they charge £20 extra. If you don't want to pay then they give you a crappy round tailpipe which I found too small and didn't suit the car...

Exhaust is one piece and the sound sounds good! Give the chaps a call. Found them helpful and offer plenty of advice!

sounds alright! can i ask did they weld the system to the manifold then or is it joint via bolts/flange/clamp whatever...? only thing is im probably going to change the manifold too but at a later date as i cant afford both right now!! and i dont want to have to grind what theve done off and then re-attach it :shrug:

Good question, as I don't know how they attached it! Made me think now...

If you can your probably better off saving up and then doing the whole lot together if poss.

Hi mate. I've used them before but directly at the garage. I dont know how many branches they have but I took my Rado to the one in Birmingham. I had a full exhaust done with no cat. Must say did a very good job! Took half a day to do and cost me £279.99. Let me know if you need any more info. Happy to help!

Hi, where in birmingham are they based?

Also since fitting i take it there is no knocking/banging?

I have one and could not recommend it (2.0 16v):

1st visit: old system removed and mij system fitted. They used 2 silencer boxes and it was comically loud

2nd visit (1 week later): Additional silencer fitted, the drone only annoys me at 60mph in 5th. It also knocks on the rear beam if you go over a bump when accelerating hard.

Prior to fitting I'd been using VW OEM exhausts and they fit perfectly and are completely silent, mainly due to the briefcase sized silencer under the car.

I didn't have the heart to go back for a 3rd time considering it costs about £40 in fuel for each return trip from Cambridge. With hindsight I would have paid the extra for a Miltek but was short of cash and needed an exhaust for an MOT. It's also worth knowing that they weld the whole system together instead of using brackets so it is more difficult to make adjustments after fitting.

Neil

thanks for the advice guys, sounded promising but as you say, if the whole systems welded then it has to be cutt to be removed again! bit silly... think i'll fork out the extra £60 (by the time i've travelled there etc) and get myself the jetex system (supposidly 3 box system is not a lot louder than stock) which i could also take apart, fit bits one at a time and do some maintanance whilst im under there too! happy motoring :thumbleft: